We are an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology-enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries. We require an experienced System Administrator who should not only be able to maintain existing network platforms but also plan, design, and maintain new projects and infrastructure.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings.
- Coordinate with the rest of the MIS team to meet the team objectives, and provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
Degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience – field preferred — and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Experience working with Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including TCP/IP, Vians, Ethernet, SONET, switching, routing, and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), 802.1Q, and DNS.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Apply with your updated resume along with a detailed cover letter before13th April 2020.
Opportunity to work on innovative projects across a range of industries and a work environment that values and rewards enterprising individuals with big ideas and a can-do attitude.